Saturday, May 12, 2018

Adventure in Dema

Dear Friends

This year the rainy season is very heavy. Dams are breaking and rivers are overflowing. Today my friend Betty and I visited the country side to meet with women from a village area. The roads were at times impassable by car and we needed to take a motor bike to take us to the remote area.  The hillside slopes are adventures to climb. I confess, I prayed as the bike was creeping up the hill.  Our driver was very courageous and brought us safe to the village.


Besides blessing women with some extra food I was able to share the Gospel with them. Around 100 women came to spend the morning with us. We sang, danced, prayed and listen to God's word together. It was a mixed group of women from different religious backgrounds. One of the goals is to find ways to assist women to start self sustaining businesses. Never a dull moment here in Kenya.

Traditional Welcome Dance 

Praying together

Sharing the Word of God

Can you find me between all the beautiful women

Bags of beans and maize 

Food was distributed 



This lady walked for one hour to come to be with 


2 comments:

  1. The motorcycle ride looks like fun! Glad you made it and got to see all the women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were able to get there. I am always amazed by the things God is doing through you.

    ReplyDelete